I’m new to lace and to blocking, so finding out how much things grow (and how much better they look) with blocking is all new to me.
Shawl is now all pinned out on the bed (using the Yarn Harlot String-and-Pins method) and it has grown, from about 175 cm to about 200 cm. Maybe could’ve stretched it out longer but our bed is only 200 cm long. And the width has expanded too, to 55 cm, so I am very happy with these post-blocking dimensions.
- Add new tag bags baking barbie blankets blocking books business ethics cats cephalopoda charidee chemistry cloaks discworld dr who enabling errata felting FOs 2007 FOs 2008 FOs 2009 FOs 2010 FOs 2011 FOs 2012 FOs_2009 frogging garden give-away gloves Guides handspun hats hmhb holiday joy of knitting jumpers KaL kids knitting learner life LOTR LYS Manchester meme misc misc makes mittens not yarn oops pattern patterns rant ravelry S'n'B samples scams scarf scarves sewing sewn 2009 shawl shawls shopping shrug skirts socks stash swap techniques toys ughs vest WiP yarn
- @ManCityHelp any word on MCWFC season card sales? 7 hours ago
- @anglac1936 twitter.com/ManCityWomen/s… 1 day ago
- RT @mackles01: Did you lose your sock knitting on a Cross Country train on Saturday? See ravelry.com/discuss/britis… and be reunited! #knitting 1 day ago
- Maybe I don't want to do A Thing but I made a promise to Do A Good Turn Every Day. 40+ years ago but a promise is a promise @Girlguiding 2 days ago
- #Manchester Where tables are for dancing on and fountains are for dancing in. #welovemanchester #acityunited https://t.co/mb7KXhqDI4 2 days ago