at UK Ravelry Day? Yes we did! I had such fun meeting & making knitting friends, having tea & cake (and later, wine & ice cream sundaes) while knitting and talking knitting. Old friends, new friends, Manchester friends, internet friends, … it was great to sit and chat and knit with so many lovely people.
I did go with a wish-list (and having given myself a strict talking too about not spending all my money on sock yarn) and met so many lovely yarns it was hard to choose. In the end I came home with
Clockwise from top left:
- 1 x Natural Dye Studio Dazzle sock yarn in the most perfect blue/purple colour
- 2 x GEM Teeswater in a stunning red, which I think is going to be a Rose Red beret
- 1 large cone of Frangipani 5ply Guernsey in Greystone, for another Go for Baroque jacket
- 1 x Malabrigo worsted in Applewood
- 1 x Old Maiden Aunt sock yarn in ‘Hebridean’ amazing greys
- 10 x 25g Jamieson & Smith 2ply laceweight
And …. also placed an order with Jamieson & Smith, which is coming by post – a jumper’s-worth of Shetland aran for a Bountiful Bohus cardigan. I am kind of wondering at the crazy of knitting a project that is steeked (!) out of wool that felts if you look at it but the Shetlanders have been doing it for a long time and it seems to work out for them. And I met knitters on Saturday who assure me steeks are nothing to fear, so I am going for it.
Oh and I got the buttons for the cardigan too, from the Textile Garden stall. It was 3 deep all day, their button selection is teh awesum!