I finished my great big clapotis. I love the colours, I love the pattern, but the finished shawl/wrap just doesn’t work. I think I’ve made it too big, it won’t sit right on me.
Because of the shape it is (parallelogram rather than rectangular), it was hard to know when it was long enough, and now it’s too long. I’ve added buttons, which help but don’t solve the problem. So I will have to rip out the end and do it again, but not right away. Am going to set it to one side for now and get back to the Christmas knitting.
pattern: Clapotis by Kate Gilbert
yarn: James C. Brett Marble Chunky shade 03 Wild Field
needles: 1 x 6 mm + 1 x 5.5mm (because I couldn’t find a pair of 6mm)