I’m new to lace and to blocking, so finding out how much things grow (and how much better they look) with blocking is all new to me.
Shawl is now all pinned out on the bed (using the Yarn Harlot String-and-Pins method) and it has grown, from about 175 cm to about 200 cm. Maybe could’ve stretched it out longer but our bed is only 200 cm long. And the width has expanded too, to 55 cm, so I am very happy with these post-blocking dimensions.
- Add new tag bags baking barbie blankets blocking books business ethics cats cephalopoda charidee chemistry cloaks discworld dr who enabling errata felting FOs 2007 FOs 2008 FOs 2009 FOs 2010 FOs 2011 FOs 2012 FOs_2009 frogging garden give-away gloves Guides handspun hats hmhb holiday joy of knitting jumpers KaL kids knitting learner life LOTR LYS Manchester meme misc misc makes mittens not yarn oops pattern patterns rant ravelry S'n'B samples scams scarf scarves sewing sewn 2009 shawl shawls shopping shrug skirts socks stash swap techniques toys ughs vest WiP yarn
- wow what an amazing #blue weekend ⚽ @ManCity women getting that draw against Chelsea ⚽ 🏉 @Scotlandteam beating Engl… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 25 minutes ago
- HERE'S TO YOU @VincentKompany twitter.com/ManCity/status… 1 hour ago
- must be cold in That London, Pep's wearing a scarf @ManCity #mancity #CarabaoCupFinal 1 hour ago
- Oh Joe you selfish old curmudgeon. You came through when it mattered. Willyum would've made it all about him.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- I think I will never miss my Dad as much as when I want to ring him after watching Scotland beat England. #SCOvENG #CalcuttaCup #Dad 7 hours ago