I’m new to lace and to blocking, so finding out how much things grow (and how much better they look) with blocking is all new to me.
Shawl is now all pinned out on the bed (using the Yarn Harlot String-and-Pins method) and it has grown, from about 175 cm to about 200 cm. Maybe could’ve stretched it out longer but our bed is only 200 cm long. And the width has expanded too, to 55 cm, so I am very happy with these post-blocking dimensions.
- Add new tag bags baking barbie blankets blocking books business ethics cats cephalopoda charidee chemistry cloaks discworld dr who enabling errata felting FOs 2007 FOs 2008 FOs 2009 FOs 2010 FOs 2011 FOs 2012 FOs_2009 frogging garden give-away gloves Guides handspun hats hmhb holiday joy of knitting jumpers KaL kids knitting learner life LOTR LYS Manchester meme misc misc makes mittens not yarn oops pattern patterns rant ravelry S'n'B samples scams scarf scarves sewing sewn 2009 shawl shawls shopping shrug skirts socks stash swap techniques toys ughs vest WiP yarn
- Watching @ManCityWomen v Chelsea #CmonCity #welovemanchester #Manchester #acityunited https://t.co/ctiWnoj3Pq 18 hours ago
- RT @danhett: I have dealt with 50+ journos online today. Two found my mobile number. This cunt found my house. I still don't know if my bro… 2 days ago
- We won't stop dancing on those tables #Manchester https://t.co/6gyzg96gCe 2 days ago
- struggling to understand what has happened in my city. Heart breaks for those affected & their families #Manchester 3 days ago
- @ManCityHelp Weren't they were meant to be going on sale general tomorrow :( ? Can you give a date for sales opening? 4 days ago