So I have this lovely red sock wool (and it is a glorious red) but keep on dithering about what to make with it. I finally cast it on for Latvian socks and did the rib (alternative to picot edging given) and three pattern repeats while travelleing yesterday. Lovely pattern but somehow it didn’t ‘feel’ right, don’t ask me why. Maybe because I couldn’t work out what lenghth the finished sock is intended to be and so couldn’t work out if I was making it big enough to fit me while snug enough to stay up (an on-going problem with my tree trunks). Maybe also I’m more into cables than lace at the moment? I’m so fickle, last month I was all about teh lace. And I did love the waving lace socks I’ve made as a gift. So maybe this red wool will be Waving Lace socks? Or more likely Chalet Socks. I must stop oggling sock patterns on ravelry and just get on and make the bloody socks.
- Add new tag bags baking barbie blankets blocking books business ethics cats cephalopoda charidee chemistry cloaks discworld dr who enabling errata felting FOs 2007 FOs 2008 FOs 2009 FOs 2010 FOs 2011 FOs 2012 FOs_2009 frogging garden give-away gloves Guides handspun hats hmhb holiday joy of knitting jumpers KaL kids knitting learner life LOTR LYS Manchester meme misc misc makes mittens not yarn oops pattern patterns rant ravelry S'n'B samples scams scarf scarves sewing sewn 2009 shawl shawls shopping shrug skirts socks stash swap techniques toys ughs vest WiP yarn
- @AlanRenza @MCWFC_OSC ☹ 3 hours ago
- all this sportsball excitement in one day has proper worn me out, I could easily go to bed now (8 pm, Sat night). #old 3 hours ago
- @AlanRenza @MCWFC_OSC when Rob forgot his card one time, the guys at the gate told him to go to the ticket office,… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- @MCWFC_OSC I was really disappointed to hear the booing from some fans today. I know it didn't come from the OSC ar… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- We're big! We're blue! We drink IrnBru! SCOTLAND! 💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙 #SCOvENG #6Nations2018 4 hours ago